Food Safety & Hygiene Level 2 (Overview)
Food… Mmm! If we’re not eating it, we’re preparing it, or simply thinking about it! Whether that’s planning the evening meal, or trying to stick to a diet, we just can’t get enough of food! As you can imagine, it’s big business. In the food industry, ensuring anything destined for human consumption is safe is the only way of staying above the law, so knowing how to do that is vital.
By the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of food safety and hygiene laws and legislation
- Explain the concept of contamination and causes of food poisoning
- Use safe methods of chilling, cold handling, storing, cooking and reheating food
- Identify allergens and other hazards
- Recognise the need for high standards of cleaning and hygiene in food businesses
Why should I take this course?
If you work in food handling, storage or preparation, you need to be able to follow strict guidelines to ensure safety and hygiene is a top priority. This course covers the key themes from Level 2 Food Safety, but is not a full industry qualification. It will explain food safety laws and legislation and guide you through best practices in food handling and preparation. Let’s wash our hands and get stuck in.
Enter full description of the course.
No Reviews found for this course.