Mental Health, Dementia and Learning Disability – for Health & Social Care
Each of the three main topics – mental illness, dementia, and learning disability – is discussed separately and then strategies for enabling people to live lives as they choose are introduced. Particular concerns are addressed, such as hate crime, and the stigma of mental illness.
This course is aimed at:
This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
About this course
This course contains eight bite-sized modules that use practice-based scenarios, videos and engaging questions to bring the subject to life.
The eight modules are:
- Mental Illness – Understand the needs and experiences of people with mental health conditions
- Learning disabilities – Understand the needs and experiences of people with learning disabilities
- Dementia – Understand the needs and experiences of people with dementia
- Understand the importance of promoting positive health and wellbeing for an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the adjustments which may be necessary in care delivery relating to an individual who may have a mental health condition, dementia or learning disability
- Understand the importance of early detection of mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand legal frameworks, policy and guidelines relating to mental health conditions, dementia and learning disabilities
- Understand the meaning of mental capacity in relation to how care is provided
Each module takes between five and ten minutes to complete; the modules that contain video clips take a little longer.
The knowledge element of standard 9 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
In this course you will learn:
Here are some of the topics covered in this course:
How to support a person with a mental illness, dementia or a learning disability| What is hate crime| What are the different types of mental illness?| How to support a person with a mental illness, learning disability or dementia in decision-making| The Mental Capacity Act.
Enter full description of the course.
No Reviews found for this course.