This course will give learners an introduction and awareness of autism. It is aimed at people who want to understand and make a difference in the lives of individuals with the autism spectrum condition, including parents, carers, professionals and individuals with a diagnosis of autism and who have little or no knowledge of the condition. It is also designed for people who require a refresher in the subject.
This awareness course is intended for anyone who requires an understanding of autism, this includes:
- Carers, parents and professional organisations
- Adult and Children’s Social Care Services staff and other local authority partner organisations
- Housing and public health staff
- Health staff
- Education staff
About this course
This course will heighten your awareness and increase your understanding of autism.
The course is split into three modules:
- What is autism?
- What are the main challenges?
- Characteristics and diagnosis of autism
In this course you will learn:
- What autism is
- What causes autism
- About the autistic spectrum
- What the three main challenges people with autism face
- About the typical characteristics of individuals with autism
- About the importance diagnosing autism
- About the strengths and positives of having autism
Here are some of the topics covered in the modules:
What is autism?; How common is autism? | What is Asperger syndrome? | What causes autism? | So how much do you know about autism? | The Autism Spectrum | The main challenges | Social communication | Body language, facial expressions and tone of voice | Sayings and phrases | Social interaction | Making friends | Social imagination | Mind blindness | Sensory issues | What does autism feel like? | Coping methods | Typical characteristics | Diagnosis of women | The strengths of autism
Enter full description of the course.
No Reviews found for this course.